Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Composite

Many people are blessed to be able to have one job/career that makes them money and gives them purpose.  Shoutout to those people. My papa was a PA, my cousin’s wife works in geriatrics. My aunt and cousin are elementary school teachers. My uncle and cousin are pastors. Several other family members (second-cousins, great-grandparents) are teachers and ministers (preachers, elders, deacons).

But God has blessed some of us, namely me, differently. I am the sum of all of my parts - my mothers and fathers, my sisters and brothers, blood and earth.To try and cut out pieces of myself in order to fit a cushy, 9-to-5 mold is to dishonor the composite God has created.  It might not be easy this way, but it’s what I’m supposed to do, where I’m supposed to be. I am not only the artistic daughter of an artistic father. I am not only destined to teach. I am not only destined to preach.  I am not only destined to write.  I am not only destined to serve my community.  I am not only destined to mother. 

I am the sum of all of my parts.

I just pray that the Lord continues giving me strength and diligence to honor them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment