Monday, November 5, 2012

My Only Statement About the Election

I know who I think is a good leader for the U.S. in 2012-2016. If you knew my family - blood & non, you would know that I am mostly alone in my decision.

But because I am human, & my heart is deceitful above all things & desperately wicked (Jer. 17:9) & because God uses the foolish to confound the wise & the weak to confound the strong (1 Cor. 1:26-28) so that “there is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death” (Prov 14:12)…in simple terms I can’t trust my opinion any more than I can trust yours.

For this reason, I started fasting at sundown today and will continue until the election results are broadcast tomorrow. I don’t really expect to change my vote or for you to change yours. This is me presenting to God Almighty my sackcloth & ashes & saying “Lord, the fact is: I’ve got nothing, no answers, no solutions. Whether we live or die, go to war, starve, make any progress or rise above any depravity, it will be because You move among Your people. So move. At least in me.”

Are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment