Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Mode

"Fundamentals are the building blocks of fun." - Mikhail Baryshnakov (according to Dakota Fanning as Rai in Uptown Girls)

As creepy as it was to here a ten-year-old say that and mean it, the statement is rather true. In fact, that is going to be one of my teaching philosophies: "You have to learn the rules before you can break them."

Sigh.

I just want to sleep and play (see movies, party, hang out at IHOP in the middle of the night) and work and work out.
Seems like that is what I'm doing, right? But I should be working out more. I should be organizing GreekWeek and finishing the English department's newsletter also. I should be saving money and working on communications for Stomp The Stage. I should be making phone calls and asking questions of important people. But I am just not ready to get back in work mode.

I have two meetings set up for Wednesday. Maybe the whole scheduling-preparing-talking-taking notes thing will get me more motivated.

What does your summer look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment