Friday, January 1, 2010

PERFECT '10!


About a week ago, I had a moment when I decided there was no reason this shouldn't be a fantastic year. I feel like the unexpected things should be over and the hurtful things should have healed. I think the fear should be overcome and the handicaps should be made handi-capable. The tears are tears of relief and joy and awe, not frustration, anger, and futility. My glass is half full, and I am rooted and grounded, all dressed up, in love. 


"For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
(Ephesians 3:14-21)

That being said, I am so excited to start working out more. My sister Ashley and I are gonna train together for the OKC Bombing Memorial Marathon in April. This is important to me because my family is a healthy, athletic family and I want to create more opportunities for us to be together. Several of my cousins and my aunt and uncle run in marathons every year and I want to join in. It's healthy, it can be fun, and it's bonding time. I've done the weight loss thing before and I'm ready to do it again.

While I've been in Kentucky celebrating my best friend's wedding, my sisters and I have been discussing resolutions. Mine are short and simple. They are also things I've already started:



1) Read the whole Bible. I already have a plan with YouVersion.com and I'm actually really excited about it. I'm excited to learn more and seek GOD.
2) I want my life to mirror this statement: "I am not praying. I have become a prayer" (Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love).
3) I want my life to be the effect of this statement: "I am tired of painting myself 'will be' when YOU (GOD) are always 'I AM'" (Melissa May poem). I want to live in the now, focus on making each moment the best it can be.

4) Fit and healthy living. 


I have a lot of other mini-goals, but I think if I accomplish these 4 things, I'll be able to look back and say, "Yep, that was a perfect 2010."


I am happy. And I'm on way to looking like I feel on the inside.
"As within, so without"


Happy New Year!


More on the wedding later.

No comments:

Post a Comment